Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Call







There comes a time when people cry and regret the things they haven’t said and done when the person was still there with them. You’ll wonder what if you did those and said those when you had the chance, before it’s too late. It is then you’ll realize that time isn’t forever and everyone has their own limit. It is then you’ll realize that time is so precious that you have to spend it wisely. And you’ll realize that we can’t go back to those times in the past.

I knew that my mother was dead but I didn’t react because it wasn’t sinking in my head. It was too unexpected and I definitely couldn’t believe it. My mother is still here and she’s not gone, maybe she went somewhere else. But then my relatives were crying and now it hit me so hard that the thought of my mother can’t be with us finally came through me. My eyes were leaking with tears and it won’t stop and I just can’t stand the fact that I don’t have my mother anymore.

The hot air filling the room woke me up. I felt there were tears in the corner of my eyes and opened my eyes and darkness was there I checked my phone and it was already 10 o’ clock in the morning. A glimpse of light greeted me as I opened the door. Thank God it was just a dream even though it felt so surreal. I rushed down the stairs and dialed the telephone number of my mother’s office.


As our short conversation was coming to an end I knew in my mind that I have to say it before it’s too late and I finally said, “I love you Ma.” Knowing it was just a dream definitely made me realize that we must treasure the time we have to let our loved ones feel we love them and we care for them. As much as possible we have to do it every day so that we can feel the happiness because it made them happy. Time was given by God because each of us has to use it to create memories that would last forever. Living a life without any regrets would let you think that you can go because your duties are done. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I agree. Never waste time to useless things but instead spend it with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete