Sunday, November 23, 2014

Freytag's Pyramid



     When I come to think about how I dealt with my four months of vacation, I knew that very moment that I had enough.  Back then, I didn’t expect that I would miss school and those moments I had with my high school friends.  And when I heard that their venture towards college had begun, a part of me envied them. There was this feeling of excitement when I thought about how my first year of being a college would be like. But then again, I couldn’t escape the fact that there was also a part of me that was scared in diving into the deep depths of college.


     First year, first ever semester, so this is what happens in college and this is what it feels like to be in college.  I figured out that a dramatic structure (a.k.a Freytag's Pyramid) would fit to describe what series of events happened during my first experience being a college student. In this structure, which is a pyramid, actually consists of five major parts. These are known as the exposition, the rising action, the climax, the falling action and the denouement. I think most of us learned this when we were high school so I would assume that you get the idea on how this is related to being a first year college student.


     The exposition for my first semester as a freshman would be the part where in there were orientations, get-to-know activities and especially when the professors of most subjects weren’t around to start the discussion immediately.  Next is the rising action which probably I’d say that this part belonged to the start of the serious discussions and then the following first long exams. Then the climax would be the parts wherein we start to get busy as a bee in making our outputs, projects, assignments, reports and quizzes. And here comes the falling action which is the part where we’ll take our final exams and pass the assigned paperwork and outputs.  The denouement would be the part where we get our grades and figure out how was our performance during the first semester of our lives.


     From what I had experienced as of today, I can really say that college is full of thorns but there is always that flower that awaits you when you finished crossing those prickles. Pressure, deadlines, and studies are real things we can’t escape from. But what matters most is how you handle things in a proficient and responsible way without getting pushed through at the end by these tasks. Even if we’re still at 12.5 % in graduating or finishing college I can say that we haven’t even started the real thing or the real nightmare I would presume. But still, we have to face this with our heads up high and learn that we should never give up and that we should try and try until we die, I mean succeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment